1. Information we collect from you
We collect your personal information to provide you with better and more useful services. When you register for your Jeton Wallet Account, you provide us with personal information, including but not limited to, your name, email, date of birth, credit/debit card and bank account information.
1.1. Registration Information
We collect information when you create your Jeton Wallet account. Depending on how you want to use your account we may ask you to provide some or all of the following: Credit or Debit card number, bank account number, relevant expiration dates, phone number, date of birth, ID document number, photos of ID, Photo of the individual registering, phone number, industry type, purpose of your Account, transaction information. We may also request additional information as part of our verification and ongoing monitoring process.
1.2. Additional Information
We may request additional details or to answer further questions in order to verify your information. We may also obtain additional information about you from third parties, including third party partners. This information includes information about your behavior, bank accounts or payment methods issued by third party financial institutions that are linked to your Jeton Wallet Account. We also collect information about which tabs you visited on our site, your browser information, your location and your frequency of use of our site.
1.3. Transaction Information
Information about your transactions is collected and reviewed including but not limited to: date, time, amount, devices associated with the transaction, IP address of sender and receiver, senders name and registration information, receiver's name and registration information, messages sent or received with the payment, device information used to facilitate the payment and the payment instrument used.
1.4. Merchant Information
We gather, use and may disclose data on our merchant accounts. When a merchant registers for a Jeton Wallet Account, they are required to provide information about their business in order to perform relevant credit and risk assessments. This includes collecting information about merchant’s key controllers, the directors, partners, and shareholders.
This information is used to verify our merchants and their key controllers. This includes verifying certain data provided by our merchants and reviewing their eligibility to use our product and services. Third party partners may be used to validate the information provided by you at account registration.
Jeton Wallet reserves the right to periodically review merchant accounts. This may involve the request of a credit reference from a credit or fraud agency on any merchant account. As part of this review Jeton Wallet reserves the right to close an account based on the information found.
For different merchant accounts, we may collect information about a merchant's business and online profile in order to review a merchant’s size, customer base, and expected transactional activity.
1.5. Maintaining updated Information
In addition to the information provided upon registration of your account, we also collect information we receive from you as a result of your use of our services. This allows us to verify your identity periodically and also analyse your behavior in order to provide you with better customer service. The information collected includes but is not limited to: Log- in details, location information, device information, transaction information, third party information, identity information and cookies.
2. Usage of personal information
This information is used to verify your identity. This includes verifying certain data provided by you and reviewing your eligibility to use our product and services. We use information we collect about you to provide you with the products we offer, to notify you about changes to our products and to improve our products.
2.1. Internal Use
We reserve the right to obtain and use your personal information. By browsing our site, you give us your explicit or implied consent to collect, retain and use your information. The below defines some examples in which we may use your information:
- to develop a more user-friendly site with tailored use.
- to provide you with tailored information regarding our products and services;
- to analyse customer support as to improve our services;
- to offer you special features and promotions based on your requirements and,
- to ensure your continued eligibility for our products and services.
This information is only shared with our internal stakeholders on a need-to-know basis with strict data security regulations which we abide by.
2.2. Third Party Use
We may share your information with trusted third parties in order to improve our services, as permitted by data legislation or in the limited circumstances as set out below. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared.
We may share your information with thrusted third parties when:
- providing you with special features (services) upon your request (including J-Banking
- responding to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required to by law
- conducting or co-operating in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so;
- Interacting with our approved business service partners who are held to contractual and legal regulations as to how they are permitted to handle your data; and,
- Gathering your IP address, browser type, access times to improve our site
3. Information Disclosure
You consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the personal information you provided, as outlined below.
We may disclose your information:
- To trusted third-party partners in order to validate the information you provided upon registration of your account.
- We may also provide other relevant data that is necessary to confirm your eligibility for the use of specific products and services provided by us.
- To third party service and technology providers for the purposes of understanding our customer’s behavior, improving our services, and verifying your identity. This may involve the transfer of your information cross border outside of the EEA. It will only be transferred to third parties who have agreed to protect and handle your data with the same standards expected at Jeton.
- As we deem necessary or appropriate under applicable law in order to: respond to police or government requests both within and outside your country of residence, comply with legal process, to impose our terms and conditions, to protect our operations and those within our group structure, pursue or limit damages that we sustain, and protect our rights, privacy, safety of Jeton or members within our group structure.
5. Your Rights
It is your right to have access to all the personal information we hold about you and your use of our site and services.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under data protection legislation, including the right to access, correct, update or delete your personal information; object to or restrict its processing; request to transfer certain of your personal information to another service provider (so called, data portability); or to revoke any consent you have given
6. Legal Basis for Processing
We will process your personal information only when we have one of the following grounds:
- On the basis of your consent, for example to send you marketing messages to the extent consent is required by law;
- Where necessary to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under that contract;
- Where we have a legitimate interest, subject to such processing not overriding your own rights and freedoms;
- Where we have a legal obligation to collect your personal information or otherwise need your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- Exceptionally, when necessary in the public interest, for example when law enforcement agencies request information to investigate a crime.
7. Contacting Us
9. Updates and Amendments